Engineering Student Services
Location: 230 Bechtel Engineering Center (map) Hours: Monday-Thursday, 8am - 5pm Friday, 10am-5pm Phone: (510) 642-7594 Email: email@example.com
ESS Services and Programs for Undergraduate Engineering Students
- Academic Advising: Scheduled Appointments: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9am - 11:40 & 1pm - 4:00 pm. Drop-in Advising: (first come, first served) Wednesday 9:00 am - 11:40 am, 1pm - 3:30 pm. Please be aware: If you are more than 5 minutes late, you will lose your appointment and have to reschedule.
- Peer Adviser Program - ESS Peer Advisers provide general information to engineering undergraduates regarding university and college requirements and procedures, as well as advice on how to study, manage time, or navigate the waters of a large university like Cal.
- Leadership and Professional Development Initiatives
- Academic Learning Center - ESS provides free academic support services for engineering students, including drop-in tutoring and scheduled workshops. Formerly known as The Academic Learning Center, the new Center for Access to Engineering Excellence (CAEE) is located across the hall from ESS in Bechtel 227. If you are interested in working as a tutor in the CAEE, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional tutoring services in the College of Engineering and on the Cal campus, click here.
- Career Services Drop-In Counseling and Workshops - Drop-in Career Counseling is available by professional staff members from the Career Center in ESS every Wednesday of the academic year from 1-4pm. In addition, Berkeley Engineering students are encouraged to take advantage of the wonderful career and internship opportunities designed specifically for them by the Career Center and ESS staff. Plan now to attend some of the exciting and informative career & internship programs for Engineering students during Spring 2014. A complete list of workshops and other activities for the Spring semester is listed here.
- Student Recruitment and Retention
- Counseling psychologist Christine Zhou holds Engineering office hours
Licensed psychologist Shuangmei (Christine) Zhou, of UC Berkeley’s Tang Center, is holding office hours here in the college. She can help you address any personal concerns that are causing you stress. To schedule an appointment for a free and confidential consultation, please contact her at email@example.com or 510-643-7850. You can drop-in to see Dr. Zhou on Tuesdays 2pm-4pm or Wednesdays 10am-Noon. For further counseling and psychological services click here.
Upcoming Important Dates
- March 10-15: Berkeley Engineering Week
- March 14: Fall '14 Schedule of Classes posted
- March 18-April 4: Faculty Advising for Fall '14 Tele-BEARS
- March 20: Deadline to submit Peer Adviser Application
- March 24-28: Spring Break!
- April 4: Deadline to change grading option (technical courses can't be taken P/NP)
- April 12: Cal Day