Two distinct majors within the College of Engineering that do not offer a combined joint major
The following are the requirements for a Dual Major in Engineering:
- At least two semesters have been completed at UC Berkeley.
- Student must be in good academic standing.
- No more than 3 upper division technical courses can overlap between the two majors.
- A minimum of 5 distinct (not overlapped) upper division courses completed for each major.
- A minimum UC GPA of 3.0 is needed to be considered for the Dual Major. However, applications are reviewed for acceptance by the department to which the student is applying and they may have a higher GPA requirement
- If a 9th semester (5th semester for transfer students) is required to complete the dual major, the request must be made at the time of application. Requests for this additional semester are generally approved; consult with your ESS Adviser for more information.
- Applicants must submit a personal statement discussing their interest in the intended major.
- Applicants must submit a planned program showing how they will complete all requirements for each major.
Applications for a dual major must be submitted a minimum of two semesters prior to the anticipated date of graduation.