1. Check your email for faculty advising appointment information. Your department adviser (the adviser from your specific major who sends you updates on research, department activities, etc.) will send you information via email regarding Tele-BEARS enrollment and how to meet with your faculty adviser. If you are unsure of the process for meeting with your faculty adviser, check your department’s faculty advising website (if available) or contact your department adviser.
2. Prepare the following documents and bring them to your faculty advising appointment:
A Tele-BEARS Schedule Form completed with your intended fall 2014 schedule. Tele-BEARS Schedule Forms should be completed online.
A Degree Worksheet filled out with all of your completed and in progress courses. You may use your online Degree Audit Report (DAR) as a tool to help you fill out the worksheet. See coe.berkeley.edu/dars for worksheets and DAR information.
An unofficial transcript printed from Bear Facts. Go to bearfacts.berkeley.edu. You may obtain a transcript by clicking "Academic Record" and "All Grades." Be sure to check the box "Show Student Name" so that your transcript can be identified as yours.
Information on signing up for classes on Tele-BEARS
- Check Bear Facts for your Tele-BEARS Phase I and Phase II appointment times. Click "Registration" and "Tele-BEARS Appointment."
- Access to Tele-BEARS. During your Phase I and II appointments (a 24 hour window of time), you can access the system anytime it is available. Once your 24 hour appointment period ends, you can continue to access the system to make changes to your schedule during open hours until that Phase (I or II) ends. Once Phase I ends, you would not be able to access the system at all until your Phase II appointment begins. Once Phase II ends, we enter the Adjustment Period where you access the system based on your last name.
- Understand Tele-BEARS access hours, rules and enrollment limits. Did you know that if you miss your appointment time or want to adjust your schedule after your appointment, you may do so during Tele-BEARS open hours? Did you know that there is a specific number of units for which you can enroll during each phase? Information regarding Tele-BEARS open hours, enrollment limits and other important details is available on the Office of the Registrar's Tele-BEARS website. Read through ALL this information carefully.